Monday, February 18, 2008

Great Names in History

So far, this President's Day weekend has involved poker, Yahtzee, and Singstar Karaoke. Our founding fathers would be proud.

Speaking of Singstar, I am now the proud owner of the Amped version. I was immediately sold when I looked at the track list and saw Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains AND Nirvana. The thought of singing any of those songs immediately sent me whirling back to my early teenage years when I wanted to be a frontman for a grunge band. Two songs into the evening I quickly realized why that dream never materialized. Singing "Alive" with a male counterpart sounded less like Eddie Vedder and more like Doug and his friends on "The State."

Now, when guests visit my house, we can entertain by pretending to be singers or pretending to play guitar. Yay make believe!

No comments: