Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Wrap


So, a good relaxing weekend enhanced by a Hokies victory (though a scary one) and Oktoberfest (giggidy).

I've rediscovered a new interest in "The Boondocks," catching a few reruns on the rare chance [adultswim] isn't running the same episode of Robot Chicken for the 48th time or a marathon of Peter Griffin's best fart moments. My campus newspaper used to run that comic, which I enjoyed before the show aired, so I had looked forward to the cartoon upon announcement. Pretty funny, pretty intelligent...I'm probably a fan of anything Aaron McGruder would produce now. Just saying the names "Flonomical" and "Thugnificent" makes me chuckle. And through time-wasting Google searches at work, I found that there are 3 really solid mixtapes based on the series. Volume One is available through myspace, and Volume Two appears courtesy of illroots.



Hip Hop Dock-trine (Official Boondocks Mixtape) - (download)

Hip Hop Dock-trine 2 (The Saga Continues) - (disc one) (disc two)

While you're at illroots, be sure to check out "DOOMed," a pretty sweet mix of Metal Fingers that includes the Villan himself rhyming over M.I.A's "Paper Planes." Of course, DOOM could rhyme overtop of someone dumping out a bag of aluminum cans and it would sound sweet with that interlaced rhyme scheme, mouth full of cookies flow.


No comments: