Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tounge Tied

Moving right along with the 90's, here's a track to bump in your rides or at your Labor Day cookout. Most people know Das EFX best for the backing chorus on the remix (or more popular version) of Ice Cube's "Check Yo Self." I know them for penning a track that I wore out as a cassingle, trying to get down all of the words and impress my friends on the basketball court in early middle school. "They Want Efx" is one of my favorite early 90's jams, particularly the remixed version.



Just listen to that bass line! Songs like this make you want to drive around with your friends, windows down and cruising a local strip on a Friday night looking for "something to do." Ahh, the days of gas-wasteful American attitude and teenage irresponsibility. On a side note, one of my favorite parts is where Skoob works "pretty sneaky sis" into one of the lines. I hated that game.

No comments: