Sunday, May 18, 2008

You Call This Archeology?

My special lady won tickets to see a premier of the new Indiana Jones movie on Tuesday night, so I'll get a first-hand look at 66 year old Harrison Ford doing something besides wanting his family back. At least they got Shia LeBeouf to play a grown-up Short Round.

While touring the city to show some out-of-towners the places we have to live in the RIC, I picked up some new rhymes from The Roots and my favorite named rapper Guilty Simpson. The Roots were my first introduction to indie-rap, so I continue to follow the discography through thick and thin. The newest offering certainly does not disappoint. I haven't gotten a chance to thoroughly listen to the entire album on the whole, but Black Thought seems a lot angrier in his words. I think if you start in the game with a message, and try to reach people through your work, and then 10-15 years later see that things are only getting worse than they were during your freshmanhood, you get pretty bitter in your prime. Luckily Guilty's not that optimistic, he's just a straight thug with killer flow.

No comments: