Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cover Your Heart!

Went to the new Indiana Jones movie, and I wasn't disappointed. I had a recent discussion about the previous trilogy, where I realized that Temple of Doom is probably my least favorite of the three. I still find it entertaining, but it's just a bit hokey and childish compared to the other two. Plus, the others seem to be moderately researched in their subject matter...relgion/history/science all blending together. Temple, however, has bats flying en masse during the day, Hindus practicing voodoo, and Dan Akroyd. The ridiculous makes it somewhat seperate from the other two. Same goes for the new Crystal Skull installment. It's good, but I would say its comparable to Temple as far as the group goes. At least it didn't become the craptacular suckfest that I had expected. And Harrison Ford moves pretty good for a 65 year old man.

So David Cook is our new American Idol. Poor guy, he's got too much talent to be buried by that productionally challenged ogre. Now I don't know what to do with my Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

No comments: